Cannan Kindergarten and Nursery (“Cannan”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy and transaction security with respect to personal data. This privacy statement is published by Cannan in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (hereinafter referred to as “Ordinance”), Chapter 486, of the laws of the Hong Kong SAR. We will ensure that our teaching staff and non-teaching staff involved in handling personal data comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal information” means any personal data or sensitive information including but not limited to name, gender, date of birth, identity document details, occupation, postal address, email address and contact number that can be used to determine the identity of an individual under any circumstances. When you use this mobile app or provide your personal information, we will collect your personal information, which may include your name, gender, date of birth, identity document details, occupation, postal address, email address and contact number. It is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of personal data (as specified at the time of collection). Refusal to provide any personal data marked as mandatory may render us unable to handle any student account of the mobile app. All personal data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis. Any information that we collect will be used for internal only.
Purpose for Collection of Personal Data
Cannan will collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- 2.1 Manage the daily operations of the mobile app;
- 2.2 Identify and verify eligibility of student account and to maintain student account’s database for the mobile app;
- 2.3 Provide school information, news, notifications and activity reminders to the user of student account of the mobile app;
- 2.4 Contact the user of student account regarding changes to the contents or Terms and Conditions of the mobile app;
- 2.5 Operate internal controls, resolve legal disputes, handle inquiries or troubleshoot problems and enforce the Terms and Conditions governing the use of the mobile app;
- 2.6 Compile statistics data, data analysis and research purposes.
This policy is intended to apply to all departments of Cannan. All staff in Cannan, in particular, those likely to handle personal data, are required to familiarize themselves with and comply with this policy.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data will only be used, disclosed or transferred for the purposes or any directly related purposes for which it is collected or where it is allowed under the Ordinance.
Safety of Personal Data
We safeguard all personal data collected by the mobile app. All personal data is stored in the designated system securely, and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies. We will take all practicable steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. Only authorized staff shall have access to the personal data.
Transfer of Personal Data
You agree that we may disclose and transfer your personal data to related agents(s), associates(s), contractor(s), third party service provider(s) in connection with the operation of the school which is allowed under the Ordinance.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data will not be kept longer than that is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it is collected. Different retention periods apply to various kinds of personal data collected and held by Cannan in accordance with its policies on personal data protection. Each case has to be considered based on its circumstances with justification for so doing. For instance, there may not be justification for so doing. For instance, there may not be justification for retaining the personal data of a newspaper subscriber, or a loyalty programme member, for 7 years after he/she unsubscribed, or ceased to be a member, where no monetary transactions have been involved.
Maintain logs of when each piece of personal data was acquired, how it was used, with whom it was shared and how it was deleted.
Printouts with personal data should be shredded and disposed of securely in office when no longer required. If an employee works from home, any printouts of personal data when no longer required shall not be disposed of in the employee’s domestic waste. All these printouts shall be returned to Cannan, shredded and disposed of securely in office.
Accuracy of Personal Data
Cannan will take all practicable steps to ensure that the personal data so collected are accurate.
Links of Third Party Websites
When personal data is collected for direct marketing, you are clearly informed in advance in the personal information collection statement that:
- Cannan intends to use your personal data for direct marketing, and the kinds of personal data to be used as such;
- Your personal data cannot be used for by Cannan for direct marketing without your consent;
- The classes of marketing subjects in relation to which the data to be issued;
- The channel to communicate your consent, or withdraw your consent for use of your personal data for direct marketing; and
- Cannan must, without charge to you, cease to use the data in direct marketing if you so require.
Amendment to this Statement
Access or Amend Personal Data
If you request for access to and correction of the personal data provided in this mobile app, please contact the school.
If there is any discrepancy or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.